MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through several client-facing brands including Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates on the African continent, United Kingdom, and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
MMI’s purpose is to improve the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals. Visit us at www.mmiholdings.co.za.
Conduct analysis of business needs in an agile fashion in order to provide software application solutions focused on delivering business value. Together with a range of business, technical and technology stakeholders, you will help design and implement innovative solutions to meet business objectives.
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Identifying, investigating and analysing problems faced by business; propose documented solutions that fully address the business requirements needed to optimise the business.
- Keeping abreast of market changes and internal system developments ensuring that all new processes align to best practices.
- Accountable for soliciting requirements and solution design through conducting requirement session (JAD), interviews and reviewing (extracting info) existing documentation.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to document business process maps, business requirement definitions and business requirements specifications.
- Developing and documenting detailed functional and non-functional requirements specifications in line with standards.
- Critically evaluating business processes in order to establish time and cost parameters and make innovative recommendations that will positively impact the business.
- Investigating and analysing alternative solutions and propose the best approach to meet a business needs.
- Developing solutions that encompass the entire system (people, process and technology).
- Assisting in the identification of risks and issues pertaining to the implementation of the solution requirements.
- Documenting the impact and interactions of business process and requirements to support system design and development.
- Contributing to the successful implementation of projects in order to achieve the business outcome.
- Modelling the data requirements to support the new solution on a functional level
- Designing test scenarios based on system functionality.
- Supporting integrated systems testing and review testing results.
- Participating in quality reviews and implement corrective measures to enhance the solution.
- Identifying and analysing deficiencies, loopholes, etc. in operational processes and propose a way forward to effectively deal with them.
- Investigating and proposing process optimisation opportunities in the context of best practice and improved operational efficiency.
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with peers and organisational role players to achieve optimal cross process integration.
- Building strong relationships through providing specialist know-how and leadership to others, expressing positive expectations.
- Contributing to the development of business cases for proposal to decision-making bodies.
- Customer/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Reporting and Interpretation
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Institutional Process Analysis & Redesign
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience as a business analyst.
- Relevant degree.
- Experience and sound knowledge of Agile methodologies and continuous delivery models.
- IIBA membership (preferred).
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification (preferred).
Please submit your application via our Careers page on www.mmiholdings.co.za
To apply, please follow the official system application process and get in touch with the PeopleSoft Helpdesk (021 940 5169) if you need further assistance.
17 July 2019
[email protected] (The purpose for this email address is solely for queries regarding the advertised position and no emailed CV’s will be accepted. Only online applications submitted via our Careers page will be considered.)
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.