Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, with Multiply (wellness and rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations..
We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. We help companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members. Through our own network of advisers or via independent brokers and utilising new platforms Momentum Metropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses. Visit us at www.momentummetropolitan.co.za
Provide specialist BI business services and business requirements gathering which support the development of innovative BI solutions, including BI dashboards and data warehousing, as well as make recommendations for continuous improvement efforts that enable business objectives.
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Engage with the business and stakeholders to understand their business intelligence requirements and challenges.
- Elicit the business requirements and uncover business KPI's, opportunities, resulting functionality, data and processes needed in order to recommend the appropriate solution.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing business intelligence solutions.
- Provide support to end users to answer queries on BI product content in terms of requirements, support for queries and progress.
- Assist stakeholders with the training and support of all BI applications.
BI Development/Data Warehousing
- Develop BI applications on web and mobile to support the efficient and paperless delivery of
information required for key critical business decisions.
- Be able to follow agile development approaches to always keep applications relevant and up to date.
- Keep abreast with latest BI technologies and make recommendations where needed.
- Contribute to peer review process to support the design of artefacts within data mart and assessment of solutions for feasibility, re-use and extensibility.
- Design BI solution within the context of the BI Architecture and parameters of business processes.
- Evaluating the current state of the company's databases and other data systems.
- Analyse these databases and identify new solutions to increase efficiency and performance.
- Test solutions to ensure that the business objectives have been satisfied accurately.
- Assist BI teams and business enabling self-service BI.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Keep abreast of data structures and data within the data warehouse.
- Design relevant data models needed for BI application or dashboard.
- Work with the relevant warehouse teams to assist with additional requirements to deliver BI applications.
- Effective metadata management to enable consistence and transparency on all data assets.
- Business Acumen to understand business operations, key issues and risks of the business is essential.
- Effective Client and Stakeholder Commitment essential.
- Accurate and effective reporting and interpretation of data.
- Process engineering advantageous.
- Experience with any BI development application tool including Qlikview, PowerBI and SQL, Excel, etc. essential.
- Ability to design and develop different data models including Kimball or any relational model essential.
- SQL,Excel and database skills essential.
- Kimball knowledge.
- Preferred Transactional Banking experience
- Innovative thinker
Experience and Qualifications
· Degree in Information Technology, Informatics or Business management.
· Minimum 5 years' experience data analysis and interpretation, stakeholder engagement and interaction. Experience in handling large volumes of data.
This position will be based in Centurion.
Please submit your application via our Careers page on www.momentummetropolitan.co.za
To apply, please follow the official system application process and get in touch with the PeopleSoft Helpdesk (021 940 5169) if you need further assistance.
6 September 2019
[email protected] (The purpose for this email address is solely for queries regarding the advertised position and no emailed CV’s will be accepted. Only online applications submitted via our Careers page will be considered.)
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.