What is a health assessment?
Your Healthy Heart Score will give you a good indication of your current heart health. It will show you if you are causing long-term damage to your heart and your risk of developing cardiovascular disease, one of the leading causes of death in South Africa. To get a Healthy Heart Score, you will need to complete a health assessment which is used to calculate which category your heart health falls in - green, amber or red.
Green: Congratulations! Keep it up.
The risk factors for your cardiovascular health are all great for now. Check your report for tips to keep up the good work.
Amber: Take action to reduce your health risk factors
You should take small steps to improve your health. Small changes now can make a big difference later. Check your report for some tips to help
Red: Take action now to improve your health.
You need to take serious action to improve your risk factors. Use the Hello Doctor app to talk to a doctor on your phone 24/7, anywhere, any time.
If you are a Momentum Health member or have Momentum Myriad life insurance, you will get cash back and discounts based on the combined results of your Healthy Heart Score, Active Dayz™ (or fitness assessment level) and your Multiply Premier status. Get up to 60% off Myriad premiums and up to R3 000 per month back in HealthReturns+.
What to expect when you go for a health assessment
Multiply Premier members and their partners are each entitled to one free health assessment per year.
You can also use your HealthSaver to pay for additional assessments.
During the health assessment, the nurse will measure your:
- Blood pressure
- Waist Circumference. This, together with your age and gender, will be used to calculate your body fat percentage. Body fat percentage will not be calculated if you are pregnant or if you have given birth in the last six months.
- The nurse will also ask you about your smoking status.
This, together with your age and gender, will be used to calculate your body fat percentage. Body fat percentage will not be calculated if you are pregnant or if you have given birth in the last six months. The nurse will also ask you about your smoking status.
Results from your completed health assessment will be used to calculate your Healthy Heart Score and identify which category your heart health falls in, either green, amber or red.
If you are not satisfied with your body fat percentage results, you can choose to have a four-skinfold test done at a biokineticist. This does not form part of the fitness assessment and will have a cost involved.
Treatment protocols: If you’re a Momentum Health member and your health assessment shows that you are at risk for developing certain conditions, Momentum Health may ask that you go for further testing, or that you register on a chronic disease management programme. It is important that you follow these prescribed treatment protocols – this includes taking your medication as prescribed.
Take your Multiply card, ID or driver’s licence.
Maximise your health assessment results
- Book your health assessment. By making a conscious decision to book, you will be prepared for the best health outcome.
- We know it can be difficult to fast before your health readings, but try not to eat or drink anything for two hours before your health assessment.
- Wear comfortable or loose clothing that you can remove for your blood pressure reading.
- Try and avoid fatty foods the day before your health assessment because this can affect your health readings.